Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Girl is Becoming a Lady!

One of my posts in January was about my boy becoming a man.  Now I've realized that the same is true for my Brittany girl!  She is becoming quite the lady.  She has always been very young at heart - not immature, just innocent.  She is very imaginative and has been able to stay in the young girls world of playing with her sister until recently. 

Many girls lose interest in "playing" at a young age, but not Brittany.  She has always been so creative and imaginative that she draws Brandon and Brooke easily into her fantasy world.  I call her the stuffing part of the Oreo because she sticks the three of them together.  God definitely knew what He was doing when he created our family. 

When she was just one, she would entertain Brandon with ability to play with her toys, and he would get drawn into her world and imitate what she was doing.  When Brooke was little she would always follow Brittany around and do exactly what she was doing.   We were always amazed at Brittany's ability to be in her own little fantasy world.  She would play with all her little "figurines" (Disney's plastic little characters, Fisher Price Little People's, Poly Pockets, Barbies, Angelina Ballerina, Webkinz, and American Girls) for hours, keeping her brother and sister entertained at the same time. 

Brittany got her first American Girl - Kirsten - when she was seven.  She now has five and she has spent many hours playing and playing with them.  She has been interested in them since her first.   Still at times I will catch her playing with her American Girls with Brooke.  She usually just does their hair now but one day, right after Christmas I caught she and Brooke playing together with their. American Girls.  I noticed what they were doing and wanted to take a picture.  When I came into their room with the carera, Brittany wanted to hide.  She told me I could only take a picture if I didn't scrapbook it!  Now she's at that age where she wants to play with her American Girls but doesn't want anyone to know it!! 

Here she is with all her dolls and if she knew I was showing this she would die!


It's hard to believe that she doesn't want to really play with her American Girls now.   Mostly she loves doing her doll's hair in many different styles, but still at times she will be pulled into her imagination world by Brooke.  It's so sad that she's not that interested in them anymore because they were such a big part of her life for so many years.  But turning 13 was the magical age for her. She transitioned into the young woman's thought world as she's into make-up, hair, texing, "hanging out" with her friends, and talking about boys.

Here are the beauty queens getting read for the ball!
Watching her dress-up for Norquist Dancing (ballroom dancing) every Tuesday night since October has really shown me the transition from little girl to young lady.  She DID NOT want to go to Norquist Dancing at first, like most awkward junior highers at this age.   Although, I "made" her go at first, she didn't have a bad attitude about it and obediently tried it.  After the first few, she realized how much fun it is to go.  And now every  Tuesday has turned into "lets get together with my friends, and get ready day"!  She LOVES getting ready with her friends as they do their hair, makeup, and decide which dress they are going to wear for 2 hours before they need to leave to get there early!  Girls are so different than boys - I'm used to Brandon getting ready in 15 minutes, including a shower.   There have been several weeks where she goes with her friends and they do her hair for her.  (Of course, she doesn't want me doing anything with her hair  because I "don't know what I am doing")  When I see her with her hair done and all dressed up, I can't believe that she's actually my 13 year old daughter!  I tell her all the time that "I did not look half as beautiful as you do at 13".  Here are some awesome pictures of the nights of Norquist Dancing:



So fun!!  And so beautiful!  I love you Brittany!  I'm so pleased with how you are growing up - not only amazingly beautiful on the outside, but incredibly beautiful on the inside!  Stay strong in the Lord Brittany and your beauty will shine! 





1 comment:

  1. OMW is she really that big?!? wow! She is so beautiful I love her. And she really is the sweetest kindest girl around. I am so proud that she isn't a brat or one that is all caught up in the outward. She has a calm and sweet personality- she loves the Lord too. You did good!!

    And she is your twin. At least she has your body. Brookie seems to have your face a little more, but seriously, when I see pics of Brittany it makes me think of you when you were her age. :) xoxo

    love you

    ReplyDelete