Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Day of a New Adventure

It's hard to believe that it's January 2, 2010! It seems like yesterday it was 1/1/2001. It feels like a decade has gone by in a moment and our lives have drastically changed. I've been journaling along the way but because my kids have had milestones in growth this last year, and in reading my sisters blog about her days with my nephew and niece, I've been inspired to start this blog to document our families growth, changes, challenges, excitement and adventures.


Our family started on May 18, 1991 when David Reed Douglas married me, Pamela Marie Wollmer, at Menlo Park Presbyterian Church. We had our reception at Peninsula Golf and Country Club where my grandparents were members and I spent many of my childhood years there on holiday's and special occasions. After one of my son's football games this last fall that was played in Hillsborough, where my grandparents lived for 40 some years, we went to the Peninsula Golf and Country Club to show them where we got married.
This is driving up to the clubhouse!
This is the entryway where we greeted all of our guests at our wedding. We had 225 people attend and it was the perfect wedding in every way!

This is the ballroom which was completely decorated with white tables and chairs, gorgeous flowers, balloons, and our beautiful cake. We danced our first dance to "Can I have this dance for the rest of my life" (I can't remember who wrote it). This is the front entrance to the club, eighteen years after the day we walked down those steps as Mr. and Mrs. David Douglas. As you can see God has done amazing and wonderful things in our family since and I am so thankful.
Our adventures started on that day and we have documented most of them through pictures, journaling, and scrapbooking, but this is a new adventure in the world of blogging that will enable us to write more of a family heritage for our kids and hopefully our grand kids so they can know the many wonderful adventures God has given our family. I pray that this will be a blessing to them and others who read it.

On July 31, 1994, God blessed us with our first born son, Brandon David Douglas, and a whole new world of raising kids started for us. Then came Brittany Rose Douglas on April, 9th, 1996, and last but not least Brooke Ashley Douglas on April 27th, 1999. In 2009 they all had milestone birthdays which I still can't quite swallow that they are as old as they are. The hardest one for me was my baby, Brooke, turning 10. Brandon turned 15 and Brittany turned 13 and it is so hard for me to believe that that many years have gone by since they were born. It has been an amazing, challenging, exciting, exhilarating, and awesome adventure that I am so thankful for, and I'm really thankful that I'm not done yet!!

So for day one on 1/2/2010 of this new blogging adventure my word is "Thankful" to God for everything and I'm looking forward to writing about many past, present, and maybe future adventures of the Douglas Family!!

1 comment:

  1. OMW the ballroom looks just the same!! How awesome! I didn't know you went there! Wow the entry does too. Oh, that brought tears to my eyes! I miss Nannie and Gramps so much sometimes, and that silly clubhouse. :)

    Love you, so glad you are doing this and what a great first post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete