Sunday, January 24, 2010

Glorious Getaways!

I'm so thankful for my family, but I'm also so thankful for the privillege of getting away at times!  Last year at this time I was able to join several of my friends out at Bodega Bay for the start of many glorious getaways!  This weekend we all went out again and it marked my one year anniversary.

We named ourselves the "Fabulous 5" because there are 5 of us that regularly go out to a house at Bodega Bay and we are FABULOUS!  Our main objective is to scrapbook, but with that comes fabulous fellowship, amazing food, relaxation, sleep, walks on the beach, and beautiful sunsets!  We set up our scrapbook tables with all of our pictures and accersories to create beautiful memories of life with our families and friends, and as we scrapbook we look out a huge window overlooking the golf course and the beach.   We talk, listen to music, watch "girlie" movies, eat, read, watch the golfers and the sunset, and this last weekend we even had a lady come out to give us massages!    What could be better?? 

We are all so sad to leave because it is such a treat, but I LOVE coming home refreshed to my family that I missed.  I think it is so good to get a break now and then, especially when we are together most of the time, as we are homeschooling!  Mom needs to recharge her battery, and what an amazing way to do it!  As I walked on the beach this weekend with the sun beaming down on the water, I was reminded of what a gracious God I have to bless me with this privillege, espcially when I need it the most after "battling" teenagers day in and day out!  I'm praying that the affect of the weekend will last in my spirit at least this week, as I jump full force back into my daily routine tomorrow morning, and that I can stay relaxed from that amazing massage!

Here's the "Faboulous 5"



Charlies Angels!


One of us is missing but we are having fun!


And this is the sunset looking out from the house!  Amazingly beautiful!


My word for today is "Grateful" for the times of "Glorious Getaways"!



1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful! I am (slightly) jealous of the Fab 5 - because I wish I would have thought of that first! =) Looks like you had a delightful time and a much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete